Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fast Track

So, I signed up to be a guinea pig.  Nick Horton ( see his schtick here: http://www.theironsamurai.com/ ) is a Zen meditating Olympic Weightlifting trainer.  Nick is slick: waxed-back locks of wavy beach hair tops his closely shaved, chiseled face.  Cowboy boots poking out from beneath his tight black jeans made little stabbing kicks toward me as he walked over to greet me.  Nick didn't smell like Axe body spray; but he looked like he would.  Actually, he smelled of chocolate milk.   His t-shirt advertised "A no-nonsense plan to look great naked" and his smile promised the same thing.  He offered up a turquoise jeweled hand for me to shake: two bracelets, three rings.  And just like that...I put my wellbeing  into his hands.

Nick Horton and Peter Curcio ( http://twitter.com/petercurciord ), a registered dietitian, are writing a fat-loss book and I have volunteered to be a test subject for their research efforts.   Their basic theory is that you will be a lot less fat if you do two things:  eat nothing and lift weights.   The tricky part is the timing of both.

Today, I am currently halfway through my 5th consecutive 24hr fast.   I eat about 800 calories or so between these interval fasts.  Binary binging: one big meal a day....on again/off again.  This is crazy stuff.

The weight training that I'm subjecting myself to, consists mainly of core strength exercises.   No sexy, satisfying, manly exercises like bench presses and such.  No...just swinging a kettle-bell between my legs like I'm winding up to throw a 35lb iron purse, backwards, over my head.  And push-ups.

I'm curious/excited to see where this whole thing leads.   Stay tuned.    

No comments:

Post a Comment