Monday, March 21, 2011

Casting the Runes

1931



Another tribute to Aleister Crowley, this short story is about people who cross the path of a dark wizard and the subsequent curses that befall them.
Photobucket
This short short story was written by M.R. James, the prominant ghost story writer of the antiquated early 1900's. James is known for being a ghost story writer. And an antiquarian. No, really.
Photobucket
This story is short enough that I read it online during my lunch break at work. It's antiquated enough that I couldn't find it on my book review websites a year ago when I read it.
(Doing an image search on the word short generally comes up with pictures of short hairdos and short skirts. I went with a skirt pic because sex sells. And I'm making so much money off this blog!!!!)
Photobucket
Despite the shortness of this shorty short short story, it rocks. Well, it's Crowley, man. And he's bad-ass. Evil. Hateful. And he was real. Yeah, suck that Vader.
Photobucket
Anyway, that's my blog for the day. Sorry it's kinda short.

No comments:

Post a Comment